Project implementation funding
Update: We've reached our targets for fiscal 2017
Thanks for helping us reach our targets! Due to the outstanding and ongoing support for conservation and energy management from our customers, we've received enough project applications to reach our program targets for our fiscal year, which runs through March, 2017.
In general, projects already in the BC Hydro operational queue that meet program criteria are still eligible. If you don't have a project in the queue, you will have the opportunity to apply again starting in January 2017.
Important updates to our programs
- Project Implementation Funding & Business Energy Saving Incentives for customers with a BC Hydro Key Account Manager: While we successfully reached this year's program targets, projects already in the BC Hydro operational queue that meet program criteria will continue. Applications for funding for the next fiscal year (2018) will be accepted starting in January, 2017.
- Project Implementation Funding, Business Energy Saving Incentives, and Energy Study offers will only be available to Key Account customers with BC Hydro-funded Energy Managers. Projects can be submitted starting in January 2017 for completion in fiscal 2018.
- Also starting in fiscal 2018, annual customer incentive caps will apply to all new Project Implementation Funding and Business Energy Saving Incentives projects. Contact your Key Account Manager or call the Business Helpdesk at 604 522 4713 in the Lower Mainland or 1 866 522 4713 to learn more.
About Project Implementation funding
Project Implementation funding is available to commercial, government and institutional Key Account customers with a BC Hydro-funded Energy Manager. The funding is designed to help reduce the capital cost of implementing electrical energy efficiency projects.
Project Implementation allows customers to meet internal hurdle rates, such as payback periods and return on investment. Through the program, you could receive funding for up to 75% of the incremental cost of lighting projects.
Why implement energy efficiency projects
Energy-efficient projects make sense because they:
- Improve the operation and maintenance of existing energy-using systems;
- Modernize facilities with efficient equipment that will not only reduce operational costs, but increase employee and tenant comfort levels in the building;
- Demonstrate your commitment to reducing energy consumption, both internally and to the public.