New Construction Program
Power Smart offers financial incentives, resources and technical assistance to building owners, developers and the design industry to create high-performance, energy-efficient buildings.
- Incremental Capital Cost Calculation [MS XLS, 151 KB] – Sample for Cost Consultants: costing information required for both baseline and proposed systems.
- New Construction Program Energy Modelling Guideline [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- New Construction Program Consultant Orientation Manual [PDF, 427 KB]
- Appendix A – Energy Study Proposal Requirements [PDF, 27 KB]
- Appendix B – NCP Sample Energy Study Proposal [PDF, 88 KB]
- Appendix C – Energy Study Requirements [PDF, 38 KB]
- Appendix D – NCP Sample Energy Study Report [PDF, 164 KB]
- Appendix E – NCP Baseline HVAC Systems Table [PDF, 41 KB]
- Appendix F – NCP Deliverables [PDF, 89 KB]
- Appendix G – NCP Energy Study Application Form [PDF, 108 KB]
- Appendix H – NCP Life Cycle Cost (LCC) Analysis Spreadsheet [MS XLS, 198 KB]
This guide explores how the building industry in British Columbia can meet the challenges of reducing energy use in buildings, in part by effectively accounting for the impact of thermal bridging.
Most practitioners will find PART1 and Appendices A and B to be most useful. PART 1 outlines how to effectively account for thermal bridging. Appendices A and B provide a catalog of common building envelope assemblies and interface details, and their associated thermal performance data.
Researchers and regulators will be interested in PART 2 and PART 3, and Appendices C to E. They contain the cost-benefit analysis, and discussion on significance and further insights, of using this guide to mitigate thermal bridging in buildings.
- Introduction [PDF, 2.2 MB]
- Part 1: Building Envelope Thermal Analysis (BETA) Guide [PDF, 4.5 MB]
- Part 2: Energy Savings and Cost Benefit Analysis [PDF, 1.8 MB]
- Part 3: Significance, Insights and Next Steps [PDF, 2.8 MB]
- Appendix A – Catalogue Material Data Sheets [PDF, 14.3 MB]
- Appendix B – Catalogue Thermal Data Sheets [PDF, 11.7 MB]
- Appendix C – Energy Modeling Analysis and Results [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Appendix D – Construction Costs [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Appendix E – Cost Benefit Analysis [PDF, 7.3 MB]