New Construction Program
Incentives and resources
Being a leader in Energy Management comes with financial incentives, resources and technical assistance to building owners, developers and the design industry to create high-performance, energy-efficient buildings.
Note: Effective May 1, 2015 all Whole Building Design project applications must comply with the updated program/modelling requirements referenced below.
- New Construction Program Consultant Orientation Manual [PDF, 427 KB]
- Appendix A – NCP Baseline HVAC Systems Types Selection [PDF, 46 KB]
- Appendix B – NCP List of Deliverables [PDF, 64 KB]
- Appendix C – NCP Energy Study Application Form [PDF, 77 KB]
- New Construction Program Energy Modelling Guideline [PDF, 258 KB]
- New Construction Program Energy Study Proposal and Report Workbook [XLS, 441 KB]
- Accounting for Thermal Bridging at Interface Details – A Methodology for De-Rating Prescriptive Opaque Envelope Requirements in Energy Codes [PDF, 762 KB]
- Enhanced Thermal Performance Spreadsheet (MS Excel 2010 version) [XLS, 379 KB]
- Enhanced Thermal Performance Spreadsheet (MS Excel 2003 version) [XLS, 462 KB]
- Building Envelope Thermal Bridging Guide Working Example [ZIP, 7.8 MB]
This guide explores how the building industry in British Columbia can meet the challenges of reducing energy use in buildings, in part by effectively accounting for the impact of thermal bridging.
Most practitioners will find PART1 and Appendices A and B to be most useful. PART 1 outlines how to effectively account for thermal bridging. Appendices A and B provide a catalog of common building envelope assemblies and interface details, and their associated thermal performance data.
Researchers and regulators will be interested in PART 2 and PART 3, and Appendices C to E. They contain the cost-benefit analysis, and discussion on significance and further insights, of using this guide to mitigate thermal bridging in buildings.
- Overview Presentation [PDF, 3.2 MB]
- Introduction [PDF, 2.2 MB]
- Part 1: Building Envelope Thermal Analysis (BETA) Guide [PDF, 4.5 MB]
- Part 2: Energy Savings and Cost Benefit Analysis [PDF, 1.8 MB]
- Part 3: Significance, Insights and Next Steps [PDF, 2.8 MB]
- Appendix A – Catalogue Material Data Sheets [PDF, 14.3 MB]
- Appendix B – Catalogue Thermal Data Sheets [PDF, 11.7 MB]
- Appendix C – Energy Modeling Analysis and Results [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Appendix D – Construction Costs [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Appendix E – Cost Benefit Analysis [PDF, 7.3 MB]