Whole Building Design
Whole building design (WBD) offer is designed for commercial, institutional and multi-unit residential new developments or major building retrofits that can save 50,000 kWh* per year, and are in the early stages of the design process. WBD is a customized building approach that looks at your building as a single, highly integrated system to create a high-performance building at a lower cost.
Building for performance
We provide resources, potential funding and technical assistance to help building developers and design team to:
- Identify energy saving strategies early in the design process
- Evaluate alternative design and cost options to make a business case for implementation
- BC Hydro and FortisBC alignment*. You can use the approved energy study to apply for BC Hydro and FortisBC capital incentives. To find details how to apply for FortisBC capital incentives for measures to reduce natural gas consumption, and project eligibility criteria, please refer to FortisBC website.
* Minimum criteria apply. Projects are considered qualified once certain guidelines have been met.
Whole building design offer is for new commercial or multi-unit residential buildings projects that are:
- Potential electricity saving at least 50,000 kWh per year
- Early in the design process
- Located in BC Hydro service territory