Get a home energy audit
Personalized advice for improving your home's efficiency
A home energy audit – also known as a home energy evaluation – is the first step to improving the overall efficiency of your home. An audit will help you identify ways to improve your home’s overall comfort and efficiency, which will save you money on your utility bills.
A home energy audit is performed by a certified energy advisor who will examine things such as your home’s air leakage, insulation, and your furnace and ductwork.
Following the audit, your energy advisor will provide you with a personalized report with recommendations for upgrades that will have the most impact in improving your home’s overall efficiency. The report will also include your home's efficiency rating, which you can use to compare to similar homes in your area as well as a comparison against your post-upgrades rating.
Benefits of a home energy audit:
- A thorough understanding of your home's overall efficiency.
- A detailed, written report of findings during the energy audit.
- Personalized advice from a certified energy advisor on upgrades that will make the most improvement in your home.
- Improved comfort and lower utility bills when the recommended upgrades are made.
- Energy efficiency upgrades may increase the value of your home.
Get started by finding a certified energy advisor in your area.