Free energy saving kit
Make your home more efficient, comfortable
Our free energy saving kit can help make your home more comfortable and energy efficient.
It includes simple, energy-saving products that you can install yourself. The products will help you seal up drafts in your home, save on your lighting costs, and reduce your home's water use.
Each kit contains:
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
- Weatherstripping to reduce drafts around windows and doors
- A high efficiency showerhead
- Fridge and freezer thermometer
- A step-by-step instruction guide [PDF, 1.0 MB] to help you install each product
- And more
You’ll be able to customize your kit based on your specific housing type and needs through our application process.
How to apply
Apply for your free energy saving kit online or by calling 1 800 BCHYDRO (1 800 224 9376) or 604 224 9376 in the Lower Mainland between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, and between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday.
When you apply, you’ll be asked to provide:
- Your name and BC Hydro account number (found on the top right corner of your bill)
- The number of people in your household and your total household income
Do you rent your home? You can apply if the BC Hydro or New Westminster account is in your name.
We're working with FortisBC to help you save energy.