News & resources
What is it like to own an EV in B.C.?
Drivers of three electrical vehicles – a Nissan Leaf, Mitsubishi i-MiEV, and a Kia Soul EV – talk about their experience driving electric.
Help for condos & stratas
BC Hydro grows fast charger network
B.C.'s network of DC fast chargers includes 30 stations, and there are more on the way.
Get a sticker, use the HOV lane
Electric vehicle drivers with a sticker can use the HOV lane, even if they're alone in the car.
New incentives for charging station installations
The Province of B.C. is funding incentives for charging stations at homes, condos and workplaces.
Charging infrastructure guidelines
BC Hydro has worked with Natural Resources Canada to develop the Canadian EV Infrastructure Deployment Guidelines [PDF, 2.5 MB]
ecoENERGY Innovation Initiative Demonstration Component Report
- Report on the British Columbia Electric Vehicle Smart Infrastructure Project [PDF, 280 KB]
- Projet d’infrastructure intelligente pour véhicules électriques de la Colombie-Britannique [PDF, 270 KB]
Other recent stories about electric vehicles:
- Report: Myths block road to electric vehicle adoption
- Is it time to junk the gas-guzzler for an electric vehicle
- 'Kootenay EV Family' makes case for the electric car
- Four electric vehicle myths busted
- Electric vehicle makes sense for Coquitlam family of five
- Is this finally the dawn of the electric car era? (cbc.ca)
- Electric vehicle sales in Canada, Q1 2017 (fleetcarma.com)
- Abbotsford to install more electric vehicle charging stations (The Abbotsford News)
- Six ways B.C. is great for electric vehicles
- BC Government offers incentives up to $5,000
- Electric vehicles with a decal get green light for HOV lanes
- Driving a Volt plug-in, from Vancouver to Manning Park