Member qualifications and application
Membership application process
You need to provide business and technical credentials to qualify. BC Hydro will review all submissions and respond within three weeks.
To qualify, you must have:
- A registered business in British Columbia
- A registered professional engineer or certified lighting consultant
- A B.C. business license and GST number
- The appropriate bonding for the business license
- A WorkSafe BC registration number
You'll be required to provide the following documentation:
- Five customer references (three for energy efficiency projects)
- Samples of energy studies and/or reports demonstrating experience in your area of expertise
- A quality management plan
- Proof of a general liability insurance policy of not less than $2 million, with BC Hydro named as an additional insured
- Commercial consultant application [PDF, 152 KB]
- Industrial engineering consultant application [PDF, 63 KB]
After you submit the application, you will receive an email confirmation with information about how to submit the supporting documents required. Your application isn't complete until we receive your documents. It takes about three weeks to review your application.
During the review stage, we may contact you with questions about your application. If the application is rejected, you'll have an opportunity to address the issue and resubmit.
When the application is approved, you'll receive an agreement to review, sign and return to us. We'll send your Alliance ID when we receive the signed agreement. The customer needs your ID to apply for incentives.