Steps to apply
Start by reviewing our resources to help you get started. Ensure you double check on which documents and form you'll need to support your application.
- Residential customers in the BC Hydro and/or Fortis BC service territory.
- Electricity or natural gas is the primary heating fuel for your home.
- Homes must have a minimum 12 months utility billing history
- Residential dwellings, including single-family detached homes, duplexes, row homes, townhouses, or mobile homes on a permanent foundation.
Read the terms and conditions [PDF, 146 KB] for a complete list of requirements before you start your renovations.
When applying for rebates for individual renovations, you need to remember three key steps:
Receive a $300 bonus for completing any two eligible home renovations.
- Invoice(s) must be dated on or after September 28, 2018 to qualify.
- If applying for both rebates together, application must be submitted within six months of the invoice date of the first renovation.
- If applying for rebates as you go, apply for the first rebate within six months of completing first renovation, and complete both the first and second renovations within 18 months of each other.
Learn more about the Two Upgrade bonus
Complete three eligible upgrades and receive $20 per percentage reduction in your homes' EnerGuide rating measured in gigajoules per year (GJ/year).
Step 1: Complete your pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation with a Program qualified home energy advisor.
Step 2: Complete your three or more upgrades. You have 18 months from your pre- evaluation to complete all three upgrades
Step 3: Complete your post-Upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation to establish your home's new EnerGuide rating.
Step 4: Submit your online application for your Home Energy Improvement Bonus.
- Invoice(s) must be date on or after September 28, 2018 to qualify and the pre-upgrade EnerGuide evaluation must take place on/after September 28,2018.
- Install all Upgrades within 18 months of the pre-upgrade EnerGuide evaluation
- Have your Energy Advisor submit the Energy Advisor Supported Rebates form after your post-Upgrade EnerGuide assessment. Provide your Energy Advisor with your application reference number.
Learn more about the Home Energy Improvement bonus
Keys to a successful rebate application
When applying for rebates you need to remember these key steps:
- Ensure your renovations meet our product eligibility requirements. Read the terms and conditions [PDF, 146 KB].
- You will need to submit your receipts/invoices. Read the invoice and supplemental information [PDF, 61 KB] requirements for details.
- Apply within six months of of the Upgrade invoice date.
- Once you've completed one or more qualifying upgrade(s), you may apply for a rebate(s). If you plan to complete multiple upgrades, you can wait to apply for rebates all at once. However, rebate applications must be received within 6 months of the invoice date of the first upgrade.
- For Bonus applications – You can apply for each Upgrade separately or you can apply for all Upgrades all at once, as long as it is within 6 months of the invoice date of the first Upgrade.