Appliance rebates will return this May
Rebates on energy-efficient appliances will return May 4 to June 15, 2018.
In the meantime, if you're in the market for a new appliance, use our search tool to find the most energy-efficient models that will help you save on your electricity bill.
See the appliance rebates terms and conditions [PDF, 81 KB].
Track your rebate online
If you've submitted a rebate application for our previous appliance rebates, you can track the status of your rebate online. Use the tracking number provided in the email sent to you with your completed application form.
How eligible appliances are selected
- Clothes washers with an Integrated Modified Energy Factor (IMEF) of 2.92 or higher, and an Integrated Water Factor (IWF) of 3.2 or less, are eligible for a $50 rebate.
- Refrigerators that are 10% more efficient than the federal standard are eligible for a $25 rebate*.
- Refrigerators that are 15% more efficient than the federal standard are eligible for a $100 rebate*.
- Clothes dryers with a Combined Energy Factor (CEF) of 3.93 to 4.29 and ENERGY STAR labeled are eligible for a $25 rebate.
- Clothes dryers with a Combined Energy Factor (CEF) of 4.3 or higher and ENERGY STAR gas clothes dryers are eligible for a $100 rebate.
*Compact and built-in refrigerators not included.
Recycle your old appliances
Many small and large appliances can be recycled instead of going to the landfill. Visit the Recycling Council of British Columbia or call 1 800 667 4321 to find out what can be recycled and where to recycle them.