Save on the most efficient appliances
Rebates on energy-efficient appliances may return later this year. In the meantime, if you're in the market for a new appliance, consider the benefit of purchasing an ENERGY STAR® certified product to help you save on your electricity bill. Visit the ENERGY STAR website for lists of all energy efficient appliance products or use search tool to find the most efficient ENERGY STAR certified washers, dryers and refrigerators.
How eligible appliances are selected
We list efficient refrigerators, clothes washers, and dryers on our search tool if they meet the following criteria:
- ENERGY STAR certified plus
- Clothes washers: Must have an Integrated Modified Energy Factor (IMEF) of 2.92 or higher, and an Integrated Water Factor (IWF) of 3.2 or less.
- Refrigerators*: Must be at least 10% more efficient than the federal standard.
- Clothes Dryers: Must be an electric clothes dryer with a Combined Energy Factor (CEF) of 3.93 or higher or an ENERGY STAR gas clothes dryer.
*Additional refrigerator eligibility requirements:
- Adjusted capacity of 11 cubic feet or more (use 10.5+ cubic feet)
- No compact refrigerators
- Only top, bottom and side by side freezer refrigerators. No built-in, freezer-less or single door refrigerators.
- Allowance for Connected refrigerators (5-9% better than federal standard if Connected)
- Canadian models only
Recycle your old appliances
Many small and large appliances can be recycled instead of going to the landfill. Visit the Recycling Council of British Columbia or call 1 800 667 4321 to find out what can be recycled and where to recycle them.