Community Energy Manager program
Get funding to hire an energy manager in your community
We are offer funding to help you hire a community energy manager for your local government. An energy manager can help energy and emissions planning and implement energy projects in your local government.
A community energy manager can:
- Drive development and implementation of community energy and emissions plans that aim to reduce energy (including electricity) consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
- Lead policy development and implementation to advance energy conservation and efficiency
- Act as a champion and project manager for key energy efficiency initiatives
- Raise awareness about BC Hydro programs and incentives available to residents and businesses in your community
We'll provide up to 50% of the salary of a full-time senior staff member (to a maximum of $50,000 per year) for two years (funding reviewed and renewed annually).
This is for you if...
Your local government or regional district is within the BC Hydro service area and meet one of the following criteria:
- Population over 75,000
- Champion community – population over 20,000 with a council-approved CEEP (or equivalent) and demonstrated leadership in electricity demand-side management
How to apply
To explore how your community could benefit from a community energy manager, or receive financial support for one, please contact your Key Account Manager or give us a call at 1 866 522 4713.