Get a fully funded energy audit of your whole facility
Get started on improving the efficiency of your industrial facility and save on your energy costs with the help of a plant-wide audit.
Get up to 100% funding for an energy expert to conduct an energy audit of your entire facility. The audit will determine major areas of energy usage and which of your systems present the best opportunities for improved efficiency.
How it works
- Work with an energy expert (e.g. an engineering consultant) to determine the scope of your audit. Your energy expert must be a member of the Alliance of Energy Professionals. Need help finding an expert? Request a referral.
- Connect with your Key Account Manager or Regional Energy Manager to express your interest in the audit. They’ll confirm your eligibility and arrange a meeting with you, a representative from BC Hydro and your energy expert to discuss your audit and the requirements of the proposal that you’ll need to submit.
- Submit an application with the final proposal, completed by your energy expert.
- Once your application is approved, the energy expert will conduct an on-site, detailed audit of your entire facility.
- They’ll create and provide you with a high-level report, including:
- An analysis of your facility’s systems and equipment, including a breakdown of the energy used within your facility.
- Identification of energy efficiency opportunities and areas with the greatest room for improvement and savings. This “opportunity register” will help you prioritize your next steps to achieve larger, long-term savings.
- No-cost and low-cost tips to improve your facility’s energy efficiency.
- You’ll attend a final presentation by the energy expert and a representative from BC Hydro to review the report findings and discuss opportunities. We’ll then process your study funding payment, which typically goes directly to the energy expert.
- Your business must use more than two gigawatt-hours of electricity per year.
How to apply
Applications are submitted by your Key Account Manager or Regional Energy Manager. Contact them to apply
If you’re not sure who to talk to, contact our business help desk at 1 866 522 4713.
Energy efficiency feasibility study
An in-depth, system-specific study with a detailed report.