Want to star in a BC Hydro campaign and get some energy coaching?
We're looking for three B.C. households to take part
We love getting out and about to talk to British Columbians about how to manage energy use. We know that more of you want help in finding ways to lower your bills, cut back on heating costs, make smart renovation choices, and more.
That's why we're on the hunt for several B.C. households we can profile as they find ways – thanks to the help of our expert Dave and some energy-efficient products – to boost their power smarts.
We'll be filming three homes in mid-August 2018 for our next campaign, airing across B.C. this fall.
Interested? Here's what we're looking for:
We're looking for a mix of home types, personalities, and ages to be featured in videos about their energy challenges with our employee spokesperson, Dave. Wherever you live in B.C., we want to hear from you, including:
- Single-family homes, condos, or townhomes
- Families with kids or teens at home
- Empty nesters or retirees
- Roommates or couples with no kids
- If you have a home in the construction phase or you're planning (or in the middle of) a large-scale renovation
If you're keen to get a little help, fill out the form below and let us know some of the challenges you're facing with your bills, a brief description of where you live, and what your household looks like. It could be that you're in an old, drafty home that you're ready to renovate. Maybe you live with roommates and you're all struggling with heating costs on a limited budget. Or maybe you just can't get your kids to unplug stuff and turn things off.
What's in it for you and how it works
- Up to three households will be selected in late July to be featured in a comprehensive BC Hydro advertising campaign, including videos.
- You'll take part in a one-day professional shoot in your home that will feature the members of your household and our employee spokesperson.
- You'll receive compensation for the film shooting day and for our team to use the resulting video and shots during our upcoming campaign (typically around $1500).
- We'll offer energy-saving advice, tips, and tricks, along with a few energy-efficient products that are yours to keep.
- Shooting days are tentatively anticipated to take place the weeks of August 13 and August 20, 2018. Your household must be available on these dates to be considered.
Ready to take part? Here's how to apply:
- Fill out the short registration form telling us why we should feature your household.
- Include a recent photo (a quick snapshot from your phone is fine) of all the members of your household. If you can, include additional photos showing the inside and outside of your home.
- Submit your application by July 24, 2018.
We'll be contacting shortlisted households for brief telephone interviews, possible video-conferencing or Skype calls and potential site visits to help us pick the right homes for our campaign.