Canada 150? How about 150 great places in B.C.
From heli-hiking, to hot springs, to honey tastings, B.C. has it all
Rob Klovance & Kathryn MacDonald
Sometimes, we forget what's in our own backyard. Or we don't even know it's there.
As part of the spirit of Canada's 150th birthday, why not take some time to discover fun-beautiful-wonderful things that may be just a few minutes down the road, or as part of an epic road trip across B.C.? To help you out, we've picked the brains of our community team and others at BC Hydro for mostly lesser-known gems you may not have heard about, or maybe just never paid much attention to.
And here's something extra to think about. Did you know that a family of three's carbon footprint for a return trip from Vancouver to Revelstoke in a typical car is roughly an eighth of the CO2 emissions associated with a return flight to San Francisco? Or roughly a 23rd of a round-trip to New York City?
And in B.C., your Canuck buck is worth a buck.
- 1-20: Cariboo-Chilcotin & northern B.C.
- 21-25: Haida Gwaii & central coast
- 26-38: Kootenays & southern Rockies
- 39-50: Kamloops, Highway 5 & east
- 51-77: Okanagan-Shuswap
- 78-86: Hope, Highway 1 & 3 east
- 87-108: Vancouver Island
- 109-117: Gulf Islands & Sunshine Coast
- 118-132: Squamish to Lillooet
- 133-150: Greater Vancouver & Lower Mainland
Rob Klovance is a writer-editor with bchydro.com and Kathryn MacDonald is with BC Hydro's community team.