150 great places to visit in B.C.
From farm markets, to hot springs, to honey tastings, B.C. has it all
Rob Klovance & Kathryn MacDonald
Sometimes, we forget what's in our own backyard. Or we don't even know it's there.
To coincide with Canada's 150th birthday back in 2017, we compiled a list of 150 fun-beautiful-wonderful things that may be just a few minutes down the road, or as part of an epic road trip across B.C. And now that places around the province are slowly opening back up during the COVID-19 pandemic, we've revised the list to include – with a few exceptions – spots that have already reopened or that will reopen soon.
Enjoy. And please take care to follow COVID-19 guidelines everywhere you go to help keep everyone safe and to ensure B.C. continues to recover.
- 1-20: Cariboo-Chilcotin & northern B.C.
- 21-25: Haida Gwaii & central coast (current travel restrictions due to COVID-19: see page for details)
- 26-38: Kootenays & southern Rockies
- 39-50: Kamloops, Highway 5 & east
- 51-77: Okanagan-Shuswap
- 78-86: Hope, Highway 1 & 3 east
- 87-108: Vancouver Island
- 109-117: Gulf Islands & Sunshine Coast
- 118-132: Squamish to Lillooet
- 133-150: Greater Vancouver & Lower Mainland
Rob Klovance is a writer-editor with bchydro.com and Kathryn MacDonald is with BC Hydro's community team.