Doing a renovation? Win $500 towards a home energy evaluation
Spring into energy savings with Home Energy Rebate Offer, enter to win
As spring and warmer weather approaches, it's time to get started on chores that piled up on your to-do list during the winter months.
If energy efficiency is on your list, take advantage of valuable rebates with the Home Energy Rebate Offer. The program is a partnership between BC Hydro and FortisBC and offers more than $6,000 in rebates for energy efficiency renovations and upgrades.
Range of rebates could help you cut energy bill by up to 30%
Rebates help make it easy for you to reduce home energy costs and improve the comfort of your home. Rebates for the following home upgrades can help you save up to 30 per cent on your energy bill:
- Upgrading fans
- Installing insulation
- Investing in a new water heater
- Improving draftproofing throughout your home.
Sound easy? Here's how it works.
Start by checking out the terms and conditions for current home renovation rebates and make sure the program is a good fit for you.
- If you're qualified to participate, and want to take advantage of all the upgrades required for the bonus offer and draftproofing, hire an energy advisor to complete a pre-upgrade home evaluation. This will help to establish a baseline of your current energy usage, and will pinpoint areas in your home where upgrades will make the most difference and which are best suited for your home and budget.
- Complete the renovations and upgrades that you've selected.
- After installations are complete, contact your energy advisor once again for a post-upgrade evaluation. They will help you complete your application.
- Finally, submit your form and include all invoices for the energy efficiency upgrades.
Our community team will be at home shows across the province over the next few months. Visit our team to learn more about the Home Energy Rebate Offer and how you can enter to win an EnerGuide* pre- and post- home energy evaluation to get you started on energy-efficient renovations. There are three prizes to be won, one for each of the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island and the Interior regions.
To enter, you must be eligible to participate in the Home Energy Rebate Offer, and have a home that is primarily heated by electricity.
Visit our teams at an upcoming home show and enter to win online by April 30, 2015.
|February 6-8||Fraser Valley Spring Home Expo
|February 18-22||BC Home & Garden Show
|February 27-28||Victoria Home Reno & Décor Expo
|February 27-March 1||Fraser Valley Women's Show
|March 20-22||North Vancouver Home Show
|March 21-22||CHBA Central Interior Home Show
|March 27-28||Merritt Home Show
|March 27-29||Tri-City Spring Home Expo
|April 10-12||Langley Spring Home Show
|April 10-12||Comox Valley Home Expo
|April 11-12||Kamloops Home Show
|April 18-19||Salmon Arm Home Show
|April 25-26||Vernon Home Show
*EnerGuide is an official mark of Natural Resources Canada.