Discover BC Hydro this summer, share a photo and enter to win
Share a photo of what you discover and you could win
Whether you're sticking close to home or travelling the province this summer, a visit to one of our recreation sites or visitor centres should be on your list of things to do.
If you're an avid hiker or bike enthusiast, enjoy fishing and boating, or just like to relax with family on the beach, our recreation sites have something for everyone. And don't forget about our dam visitor centres, which feature fun interactive displays, stunning views and the opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at how electricity is generated.
Take a photo during your visit, share it on Twitter or Instagram between August 4 and September 7 and you could win one of five prize packages, including a Polaroid Cube with memory stick, Levin Solar Dual USB Charger, and Lifestraw Water Filter.
How to enter the contest
- Start by following us on Instagram (@bchydro) or Twitter (@BCHydro).
- Visit a BC Hydro recreation site or visitor centre and snap a photo of what you're discovering. Upload it to Twitter or Instagram with a description of where you are and what you're doing, with the hashtag #DiscoverBCHydro to be instantly entered to win. Contest runs between August 4, 2015 and September 7, 2015. We're limiting entries to one photo per person, so choose the best one you've got, and ensure that the photo has been posted to your Instagram or Twitter within the contest period (photos from previous months or years won't work unless you repost them). For privacy reasons, no selfies or photos that show identifiable faces can be submitted.
- Each week, one image will be selected by a panel of judges from all eligible entries to win the weekly prize package consisting of a Polaroid Cube with a 32 GB memory stick, Levin Solar Dual USB Charger, and Lifestraw Water Filter (approximate retail value $220).
Ideas to help you submit a winning photo
Our recreation sites and visitor centres offer some of the best of what summers in B.C. have to offer. Whether it's hiking at Buntzen Lake, taking in the stunning view from the top of the Revelstoke Dam Visitor Centre or picnicking along the Puntledge River, we want to see how you enjoy one of these spots.
Here are some tips to help you choose which photo to submit as your entry:
- Photos can be of an activity you took part in, beautiful scenery at a recreation site or shots taken in and around one of our visitor centres.
- To protect personal privacy, photos featuring identifiable people are not eligible. Silhouetted figures or shots of people at angles that don't clearly show their faces (like the example above) are fine to submit. Stick to a photo that shows people from the back or side and avoid showing faces to ensure your photo will be eligible.
Learn more about our rec sites and visitor centres: