Bundle up this winter, enter to win a GoPro, a FitBit and more
Show us your favourite way to enjoy B.C. winters and you could win
How do you bundle up and stay warm during the winter? Are you an avid skier, or more likely to curl up on the couch with hot chocolate and warm socks?
There are lots of ways to enjoy the beautiful winter weather in B.C., and if you bundle up, you can save energy too. Show us your favourite way on Instagram or Twitter between February 2 and February 28, and you could win a weekly prize pack of a FitBit and a Kobo eReader or the grand prize package: a GoPro camera, snowshoes, and a hand-crank smartphone charger.
How to enter the contest
- Start by following us on Instagram (@bchydro) or Twitter (@PowerSmartBC).
- Choose your favourite photo that shows how you bundle up during the winter months, whether that's playing board games by the fireplace or trying out snowshoeing. Use the hashtag #BundleUpBC on your Twitter or Instagram photo and include our @username in your caption between February 2, 2015 and February 28, 2015 to instantly enter. Only one photo per person is eligible, so choose the best one that you've got, and ensure that the photo has been posted to your Instagram or Twitter within the contest period (i.e photos from previous months or years won't work unless you repost them). For privacy reasons, no selfies or photos that show faces can be submitted.
- Each week, one image will be selected by a panel of judges from all the eligible entries to win the weekly prize of a FitBit fitness tracker and a Kobo eReader (approximate retail value $200).
- A judging panel will select the grand prize winner from all the eligible entries. The grand prize consists of a GoPro camera, snowshoes, and a hand-crank smartphone charger (approximate retail value $600).
See the full contest rules and regulations and eligibility.
Ideas to help you submit a winning photo
We know British Columbians love our winters, no matter what the weather is. Getting cozy inside with a mug of hot chocolate and an old-fashioned book, or enjoying our great outdoors by skiing, snowshoeing or tobogganing are just some of the ways we save power and bundle up all winter long. Here's some tips to help you choose which photo to submit as your entry:
- Photos should be of an activity that doesn't require a lot of electricity. Unplug and get outside to enjoy beautiful B.C., or show us your favourite ways to relax and stay warm indoors, without cranking up the heat and turning on the TV.
- A cross country ski trip, snowshoeing adventure, your favourite running trail, or making snowmen in the front yard are all fun ideas for outdoor photos. If you prefer to bundle up and stay warm inside, reading a book, playing a board game, enjoying tea or hot chocolate, or even your favourite pair of fuzzy slippers can all make great photos.
- To protect personal privacy, photos featuring identifiable people are not eligible. Silhouetted figures or shots of people at angles that don't clearly show their faces (like the example above) are fine to submit. Stick to a photo that shows people from the back or side and avoid showing faces to ensure your photo will be eligible.