Lighting, compressed air: Time-limited incentive bonus offered
Submit your industrial upgrade project by December 31, 2014
The Self-serve Incentive Program (SIP) is the quick, easy way to access incentive funding for upgrades to industrial lighting and compressed air systems.
Now, you can use SIP to save even more. Submit your upgrade project between now and December 31, 2014, for a project to be completed prior to March 31, 2015 — and you can qualify for an additional incentive bonus.
Bonus: up to $500,000, 75% of project costs, or one-year payback
The incentive bonus can add up to 25% additional increase on top of the standard incentive* you already qualify for. Your project may be eligible for funding up to:
- a maximum incentive of $500,000
- an incentive maximum of 75% of project costs
- an incentive maximum required to reduce the project payback period to one year (project cost less annual bill savings).
Are you eligible?
Act now to gain your incentive bonus if you fit the SIP eligibility requirements:
- BC Hydro industrial customers with annual electricity consumption of more than 500,000 kWh (about $25,000).
- Projects must focus on one of the following systems:
- Applications must be received by December 31, 2014. It's important to wait to receive your SIP Incentive Offer approval (via email) prior to starting your project and equipment purchases. We are not able to award Power Smart incentives to projects already underway.
- Projects must be completed and invoices must be received by March 31, 2015.
How to get started
- Assessment: Ask your lighting or compressed air vendor for a system assessment to identify potential savings and project costs. Don't have a vendor? Complete the online referral request form for a referral to one of our trusted Power Smart Alliance members in your area.
- Receive approval: Register by starting an online application and submitting your project information. Wait til you receive your SIP Bonus Offer and approval to proceed. Your vendor will help to complete the application steps.
- Incentive: Get your SIP Bonus Offer cheque by submitting the project completion declaration and invoices by March 31, 2015.
Apply before December 31, and keep on saving
Savings upon savings don't come along everyday. Get your SIP application in before December 31 to qualify for this time-limited incentive bonus offer. You'll save on project costs — and you'll keep saving every month when you see the difference on your energy bill.
*The bonus offer applies a 25% increase to the standard SIP incentive rate range ($0.015 to $0.029 per kWh); the exact range is determined after a financial evaluation by BC Hydro.