Power Smart program recognizes, ranks B.C. companies
Who are B.C.'s Power Smart superheroes? The Power Smart Partner Recognition Program recognizes, ranks and helps the province's energy-conscious leaders.
B.C.'s larger businesses have a bunch of good reasons to save energy – they save money, engage their employees, build brand value, and they can get in on great incentives through Power Smart industrial and commercial programs.
And there's another reason: it gives them something to celebrate. Not only does it matter that energy conservation makes sense for the bottom line – it's also important for the future of our province and our kids.
That's why Power Smart has a program to help customers celebrate their commitment to energy conservation. The Power Smart Partner Recognition Program, which serves both industrial and commercial/institutional/government customers, provides companies with a straightforward, no-cost way to promote their commitment and to get some recognition for being an environmental leader.
BC Hydro also runs an annual print advertising campaign, in which the names of every B.C. organization that has pledged to save energy is listed. Companies may also be recognized through the Power Smart Excellence Awards.
The Power Smart Partner Program goes beyond the pats on the back, too. Companies are provided with tools and resources to help them on their conservation journey.
Credits are earned as companies become involved in energy-saving initiatives, and milestone plaques are presented to help messaging inside and outside companies. It's important that others know when a company is pulling its weight in B.C.'s shift to a conservation culture.
Some of the top-ranked companies in the Power Smart Recognition Program have already tallied several dozen credits. But companies are encouraged to start with just one.
B.C. companies who spend a minimum of $50,000 on electricity annually are eligible for the program.
For information, companies should contact their BC Hydro Key Account Manager or check the following pages on bchydro.com:
- Power Smart Partner Recognition (Industrial)
- Power Smart Partner Recognition (Commercial, Institutional and Government)
Don't forget to renew!
To maintain your Power Smart Partner status, two key steps are necessary:
- You have until March 31 to earn your first credit before our program renews for the next two-year period. Contact your Key Account Manager for ideas.
- Watch for your pledge renewal form in April 2010 – together with your earned credit, your signed pledge activates your partner status for another two-year period, and reconfirms your commitment as a leader in energy conservation in B.C.
- West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
- Canfor Corporation
- Tolko Industries Group
- Catalyst Paper
- Western Forest Products Ltd.
- Vancouver International Airport
- Teck – Highland Valley Copper Mine
- Sinclar Enterprises Limited
- Molson Canada Ltd.
- (Tie) Canadian Autoparts Toyota Ltd., Tembec Industries Inc. and Versacold Canada Corp.
See the full Industrial list, plus sector-by-sector Industrial rankings.
- BC Hydro
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Bentall LP
- Overwaitea Food Group
- B.C. Ministry of Labour & Citizens' Services
- Vancouver Island Health Authority
- Provincial Health Services Authority
- School District 73 (Kamloops Thompson)
- School District 41 (Burnaby)
- Cadillac Fairview