How to Apply
Building brighter futures
BC Hydro is looking for team members who share our vision of powering B.C. with clean, reliable electricity for generations.
With our online Careers Centre, you can create a profile to make it easier to apply for jobs now and in the future. Learn more below about the tool’s features and tips on how to make them work for you.
Profiles make it easier
With our online Careers Centre, you can:
- Create a profile and apply for positions now or in the future without resubmitting basic information;
- Maintain your profile with job experience and education updates, contact information, and more;
- Conduct a detailed search for opportunities and set up email alerts to notify you of new job postings that align with your interests and skills;
- Be included in a profiles database our recruiters search regularly to match skills to job postings.
Creating and updating your profile
|Click above if you have not applied for a job with BC Hydro after October 24, 2011.||Click above if you have created an online job profile with BC Hydro after October 24, 2011.|
Tips and technical guidelines
- When submitting your profile, you can save time by using the "upload your resume" feature to automatically populate key information into the profile fields.
- It's also a great idea to set up email alerts that notify you of new opportunities that align with your skills and interests.
- It is strongly recommended that you unlock your profile. It will allow BC Hydro's recruitment partners to view your resume when they conduct candidate searches so that they can invite you to apply for opportunities.
- Don't forget to update your profile – at any time – with relevant experience, contact information and other updates.
- To view all job postings in the Careers Centre, do not fill out any keyword or search criteria on the job search screen. Simply select the "Start" button and you'll get the complete list of current opportunities.
- You can also get a list of all job postings on our Current Opportunities page.
- For more detailed searches by keyword and other criteria, it's helpful to select the "At least one search criterion must be filled' option under Search Method near the bottom of the job search screen. That will increase your chances of getting search matches on your initial search. To narrow your search, you can then switch to the "All search criterion must be filled" option under Search Method.
- If, at any time, your search produces a "The table does not contain any data" message, please revise your search criteria and/or search method.
- Once you've used the job search tool in our Careers Centre to find a position you wish to apply for, select that position and hit the "Apply" button. Then follow the directions in the application tool.