Multi-residential & commercial connections
Learn the process, and start by calling us
Multi-residential and commercial project connection requests can be more involved, so they're not done online. Start your electrical connection requests by calling us at 1 877 520 1355.
It helps to understand the connections process. Please take a moment to see our outline of the step by-step process.
Below is a list of what we need from you (along with what we do) during the connections process. Note that the steps you need to prepare for and complete are in bold.
- Tell us about your request
- Contact BC Hydro at 1 877 520 1355
- Tell us what and where you want to connect
- We confirm the project scope and tell you what we require
- You send us the requirements and the design deposit OR you engage a Customer Build program engineering service provider, who's independent of BC Hydro
- We design your project and provide you with an anticipated in-service date
- You confirm the plan and send us payment
- You complete your construction responsibilities:
- Your work may require a BC Hydro inspection to ensure it meets standards
- We complete our construction responsibilities:
- We'll reconfirm the in-service date based on when you've completed your construction responsibilities
- We'll construct the electrical infrastructure and energize your project.
- Your project is complete.
View a printable PDF of the connections process [PDF, 64 KB] for your reference.