Standards of Conduct (Transmission)
Maintaining a level playing field
Four basic principles govern our policy
The Standards of Conduct are governed by four basic principles:
- Non-discriminatory service – BC Hydro will administer its Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT) in a fair and equitable basis. BC Hydro will not give undue preference to any customer relating to the sale or purchase of transmission service including, but not limited to, issues of price, curtailments, scheduling, priority, ancillary services, or balancing
- The independent functioning rule – Transmission Function Employees (TFE) and Marketing Function Employees (MFE) must function independently of each other
- The no-conduit rule – Prohibits employees from passing on SOC restricted information to MFEs
- The transparency rule – Requires BC Hydro to comply with SOC in a transparent manner with various posting requirements
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Written Procedures
- Transmission Function Employees
- Identification of Affiliate Information
- Voluntary Consent to Disclose Information
- Shared Facilities and Transfer of Employees
- Contemporaneous Disclosure
- Potential Merger Partners
BC Hydro's Chief Compliance Officer for the Standards of Conduct is:
Senior Vice President People, Customer, Corporate Affairs and CHRO
333 Dunsmuir Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6B 5R3
- Written Procedures for Standards of Conduct [PDF, 335 KB]
BC Hydro's affiliate Powerex Corp. performs marketing functions and are located at:
1400-666 Burrard Street,
Vancouver, B.C. V6C 2X8
If a transmission customer authorizes BC Hydro to share the customer's non-public information with marketing function employees, BC Hydro will post notice of that consent on this page, BC Hydro did not provide any preference, either operational or rate-related, in exchange for voluntary consent.
There are no current consents as of January 17, 2018.
BC Hydro's TFEs are primarily located at the System Control Centre in the Fraser Valley in Langley, B.C. However, BC Hydro's Burnaby facility provides office space for TFEs performing system impact studies and certain MFEs that perform functions relating to generation.
The location of this facility is:
6911 Southpoint Drive,
Burnaby, B.C. V3N 4X8
BC Hydro must post a notice on its website of any transfer of a TFE to a position as an MFE, or any transfer of an MFE to a position as a TFE. See, Listing of Transfers of Employees [PDF, 128 KB] for current transfers as of October 6, 2017.
BC Hydro must immediately post any disclosures of non-public transmission function information to an MFE of BC Hydro or an affiliate, unless one of the exceptions discussed in section 6 of the Written Procedures [PDF, 74 KB] applies. Disclosures should be reported by calling the SOC helpline at 604 623 3726 or 1 866 364 9376.
- Contemporaneous Disclosure [PDF, 1.7 MB]
Information concerning potential merger partners will be posted here within seven days after the potential merger is announced.
BC Hydro has no potential merger partners.