Leaders in energy management (commercial)
Update: we've met our targets for fiscal 2017
Thanks for helping us reach our targets! Due to the outstanding and ongoing support for conservation and energy management from you and our customers, we've received enough project applications to reach our program targets for our fiscal year, which runs through March, 2017.
In general, projects already in the BC Hydro operational queue that meet program criteria are still eligible. If you don't have a project in the queue, you will have the opportunity to apply again starting in January 2017.
Note that, starting in fiscal 2018, annual customer incentive caps will apply to all new Project Implementation Funding and Business Energy Saving Incentives projects.
- Energy Study Funding: Energy study applications will continue to be accepted for Key Account customers with BC Hydro-funded Energy Managers through this fiscal year, ending March 31, 2017. But keep in mind that funding may become fully subscribed.
Starting in fiscal 2018, Energy Study funding will be available to Key Account customers with a BC Hydro-funded Energy Manager.
- Project Implementation Funding & Business Energy Saving Incentives for large business customers with a BC Hydro Key Account Manager: Projects already in the BC Hydro operational queue will continue and must still meet program eligibility criteria to receive an incentive. In early January 2017, we'll start accepting new retrofit projects for completion in fiscal 2018.
Starting in fiscal 2018, Project Implementation Funding, Business Energy Saving Incentives, and Energy Study offers will be available to Key Account customers with BC Hydro-funded Energy Managers.
- LED Street Lighting: Not surprisingly, our LED Street Lighting offer has been a hit and we've reached our funding target for fiscal 2017. Projects currently in progress and in the BC Hydro operational queue will continue. Municipalities who aren't Key Account customers will still have access to some funding for this fiscal year.
The LED street lighting market has advanced significantly. Given these advancements and the successful efforts of the LED Street Lights Across BC consortium, the market has evolved considerably and no further incentive funding will be made available.
Is your customer eligible for leaders in energy management?
Before you start, have your customer contact their Key Account Manager to confirm their eligibility for the leaders in energy management initiative. If your customer is unsure who their Key Account Manager is, please ask them to call 604 224 9376.
Get access to a wide range of help
This program partners BC Hydro with B.C.'s largest commercial, government and institutional customers that consume at least 4 GWh of electricity per year. Customers gain access to a wide range of energy management programs, tools and incentives.
You must be an Alliance member to assist customers on leaders in energy management initiatives.
Investigate any energy-using system, such as lighting, mechanical or information technology, and we'll cover up to 50% of the cost.
- Study proposal template [MS Excel, 107 KB]
- Energy study requirements [PDF, 100 KB]
- Sample mechanical energy study [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- Street lighting projects [MS Excel, 271 KB] – Used for municipal and/or Ministry of Transportation LED or adaptive controls street lighting projects. This calculator sets a virtual baseline based on the roadway and traffic types.
Green IT study
- Green IT energy study requirements guide [PDF, 492 KB]
- Green IT: opportunity assessment [PDF, 611 KB]
- Green IT calculator [MS Excel, 1.8 MB]
Funding for up to 75% of the incremental cost of lighting projects.
- Lighting opportunity assessment [MS Excel, 836 KB]
- BC Hydro program overview for lighting industry [PDF, 27 KB]
- Energy-efficient lighting calculator [MS Excel, 433 KB]