Safety training for trades workers
Classroom training not currently available due to COVID-19
To keep our employees and training participants safe, we are not offering classroom training at this time due to COVID-19. If you have questions, you can contact the Electrical Energy Training Group by email or call 1 877 859 8228. Thank you for your understanding.
Get the safety training you need
We offer free electrical safety training for trades workers so you know how to work safely around electrical lines and what to do if you or a co-worker makes contact with electricity.
By the end of the course you'll:
- Know how to spot electrical hazards.
- Know how far you're required to stay back from powerlines (minimum approach distance), and
- What to do in the event of electrical contact.
The information provided in both online and classroom training is the same. The online training can be taken at any time, and at your own pace. The classroom training allows for more of a dialogue and is great for groups.
- Length: 45 minutes
- Computer and audio required
- Begin the online Electrical Safety for Trades course
- Length: 2 hours
- Locations available throughout B.C.; custom sessions can be arranged for your workplace or other location
Note: Registration for classroom training is not currently available due to COVID-19.
Who should attend
Trades workers who work around high-voltage power lines, overhead or underground, including:
- Construction workers
- Crane operators
- Decorative wrap installers
- Graffiti removal contractors
- Heavy equipment and truck operators
- Window washers