Home renovation rebates
We know that when it comes to home renovations, budgets can be tight. This is why we offer a variety of rebates for making eligible upgrades to improve your home's energy efficiency and comfort all year round.
For a limited time we're also offering up to an additional $250 for making qualifying upgrades before March 31, 2017.
Home renovation rebates are available when you improve your home's energy efficiency.
Rebates are available for:
- Insulation: up to $1,200.
- Ductless Heat Pump: $800.
- Ventilation Fan: up to $50.
- Draftproofing: up to $500 (requires an energy advisor).
- Natural gas hot water heaters (rebate provided by FortisBC).
- EnerChoice fireplaces (rebate provided by FortisBC).
- A $750 bonus offer for making three or more eligible upgrades (requires an energy advisor).
See all available rebates [PDF, 117 KB].
- Municipal rebates and special offers are available if your home is located in City of Vancouver, City of New Westminster, City of Victoria, District of Saanich, District of North Saanich, Town of Sidney, or Campbell River and if you use a qualified energy advisor.
- $250 rebate top-up offer
- $150 energy coach home evaluation rebate
- Residential customers in the BC Hydro and/or FortisBC service territory.
- Electricity or natural gas is the primary heating fuel for the home.
- Homes must have a minimum 12 months utility billing history.
- Residential dwellings, including single-family detached homes, duplexes, row homes, townhouses, or mobile homes on a permanent foundation
Read terms and conditions [PDF, 216 KB] for a complete list of requirements.
Step 1: Decide which upgrades you're interested in.
Step 2: Speak to an energy advisor if you want to:
- Be eligible for the $750 bonus offer.
- Have a home energy audit done to be eligible for the draftproofing rebate.
- Get professional advice on which upgrades to complete to improve the efficiency of your home.
Step 3: Complete eligible upgrade(s).
Step 4: Fill-out and mail us your application package.
After an application is received, it may be randomly selected for an in-home site visit before the rebate payment is approved.