Save on the most efficient appliances
If you're in the market for a new appliance, consider the benefit of purchasing an ENERGY STAR® appliance to help you save on your electricity bill.
Between September 30 and November 30, 2016 you can get rebates on the most efficient ENERGY STAR clothes washers, dryers and refrigerators.
See the appliance rebates terms and conditions [PDF, 79 KB].
Search, buy, and apply for your appliance rebate
Use our search tool to find the ENERGY STAR appliances that are eligible.
Look for qualified clothes washer and dryer pairs [PDF, 43KB] that best suit your family's needs.
See the rebates available and purchase your appliance between September 30 - November 30, 2016. In addition to the rebates we offer, you may also be eligible for rebates through the manufacturer, retailer, or your local municipality.
For example if you purchase a qualifying Samsung clothes washer from The Home Depot that was eligible for a $100 rebate, you would automatically receive a double rebate of $200. If you also live in the City of Coquitlam, you would receive a triple rebate worth $300.
Applying for multiple rebates? You only have to submit one application.
Once you've purchased your new appliance, follow the steps below to apply for your rebate(s), including those offered by manufacturers, retailers and municipalities.
You have 60 days from the time you purchase your appliance to apply for your rebate and submit your proof of purchase.
How to get your appliance rebate
- Complete the online rebate application to apply for your rebate(s) within 60 days of your appliance purchase. Upload a copy of your proof of purchase as well as any additional documentation required for municipality rebates you're applying for. You only have to submit one application form even if you're applying for multiple rebates.
- Once you complete and submit the form, a copy of your completed application will be emailed to you.
Please ensure details such as the store name and address where you made the purchase, the make and model of the appliance(s), invoice number, and the date of purchase are legible.
Track your rebate online
Track the status of your rebate online. Use the reference number provided in the email sent to you with your completed application form.
Qualifying businesses are eligible to apply for rebates on appliance purchases made between September 30 – November 30, 2016. If you're a commercial customer you can complete your application online.
See the terms and conditions [PDF, 81 KB] for commercial appliance rebates.
How eligible appliances are selected
- Clothes washers with an Integrated Modified Energy Factor (IMEF) of 2.82 – 2.91 are eligible for a $50 rebate
- Clothes washers with an Integrated Modified Energy Factor (IMEF) of 2.92 or higher are eligible for a $100 rebate
- Refrigerators that are 15% more efficient than the federal standard are eligible for a $100 rebate
- Clothes dryers that are ENERGY STAR labelled are eligible for a $50 rebate
- Clothes dryers with a Combined Energy Factor (CEF) of 4.3 or higher or ENERGY STAR gas clothes dryers are eligible for a $100 rebate
Recycle your old appliances
Many small and large appliances can be recycled instead of going to the landfill. Visit the Recycling Council of British Columbia or call 1 800 667 4321 to find out what can be recycled and where to recycle them.