Spring lighting deals on now
Get ready to save big on electricity-saving lighting products. Between now and April 30, get instant Power Smart rebates on ENERGY STAR® LED bulbs, fixtures and lighting controls at participating retailers.
Lighting can cost you a lot: choose ENERGY STAR®
Residential lighting can account for up to 19 per cent of your average household electricity use, depending on whether your home is electrically heated.
That's why you should always look for ENERGY STAR® rated bulbs, along with the latest in energy-efficient fixtures and lighting controls, including dimmers & timers.
- See our infographic to understand LED lighting packaging [PNG, 560 KB]
- See our video explaining the basics of energy-efficient lighting
- Get in-depth tips on lighting, from CFLs to LEDs and controls
- Check costs and benefits of lighting options in our comparison chart [PDF, 192 KB]
How to choose the right light bulb for you
- Look for the ENERGY STAR symbol, the international symbol of premium energy efficiency
- Determine the lumens (brightness) and colour you need
- Find the appropriate shape and usage for your application
- Look for ENERGY STAR fixtures designed specifically for your purpose
Use the LightRecycle program
Wondering what to do with your burnt-out lights? LightRecycle is a B.C. program keeping them out of the landfill and ensure safe recycling.
British Columbians can return used lights to a LightRecycle drop-off location for safe recycling.