Check back in October for rebates offered during Power Smart Month. If you purchased a qualifying appliance during the month of May, you have 60 days to apply for your rebate.
Get rebates on appliances purchased between May 1 – 31, 2014
If you purchased an eligible ENERGY STAR® appliance between May 1 – 31, 2014, you have 60 days from the purchase date to apply for your rebate. Follow the steps below to apply. All applications must be received within 60 days of purchase date in order to be eligible for a rebate.
Commercial customer? Qualifying businesses are eligible to apply. See below for details.
See the Appliance Rebate Program terms and conditions [PDF, 46 KB].
If you’re in the market for a new appliance, use the Energy Efficient Appliance Search Tool to find the products that are the most energy efficient. If you missed out on a rebate this time, check back in October for rebates offered during Power Smart Month.
How to get an appliance rebate
- Check which models of ENERGY STAR® clothes washers and refrigerators are eligible for the Power Smart appliance rebate before you shop.
- Purchase a qualifying ENERGY STAR clothes washer or refrigerator between May 1 and May 31, 2014.
- Submit your rebate application online within 60 days of purchase to collect your rebate.
|1. Complete the rebate application form online
|2. Mail your form to BC Hydro for processing||
|3. Track your rebate online
Qualifying businesses are eligible to apply for rebates under the Appliance Rebate program on purchases made between May 1 – 31, 2014. Commercial customers must complete and submit the Rebate Application for Commercial Customers. See the program Terms and Conditions for Commercial Customers [PDF, 43 KB].
How eligible appliances are selected
- Clothes washers with a Modified Energy Factor (MEF) of 2.6 are eligible for a $50 rebate.
- Clothes washers with a Modified Energy Factor (MEF) of 2.8 are eligible for a $100 rebate.
- Refrigerators that are 25% more efficient than the federal standard are eligible for a $50 rebate.
- Refrigerators that are 30% more efficient than the federal standard are eligible for a $75 rebate.
Recycle your old appliances
Many small or large appliances can be recycled instead of going to the landfill. Visit the Recycling Council of British Columbia or contact the Recycling Hotline at 1 800 667 4321 to find out what can be recycled and where to recycle them.