Energy Saving Kit Offer
HELPING CUSTOMERS SAVE
Qualifying low-income customers can receive an Energy Savings Kit with products to help save energy and money.
Free Energy Saving Kit for low-income households
Are you a BC Hydro or Fortis BC customer living in a low-income household? If so, you may be eligible to receive a free Energy Saving Kit.
BC Hydro and Fortis BC have partnered to provide free Energy Saving Kits (ESK) for low income households. Our free kit offers simple ways to help you save energy, reduce your monthly bill, increase the comfort of your home and help the environment.
Apartment kits now available
If you live in an apartment, we now have an Energy Saving Kit for you. Apply now.
What's in the kit?
The kit contains a number of simple, easy-to-install energy saving products including:
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) – uses up to 75% less energy than regular light bulbs. Can last up to 10 years.
- Weatherstripping – installed around windows and doors to help keep out drafts. (You can find videos on draft proofing on our tips page.)
- Fridge and freezer thermometers – help set refrigerators and freezers at ideal temperatures where food stays cold while conserving energy.
- A high efficiency showerhead – uses significantly less water than a regular showerhead
To learn more about the products in the kit and how they can save you energy and money, watch the video below.
Custom kits available
Customize your kit with energy-saving showerheads, faucet aerators, and window film for your home. Just answer a few questions about your household needs on the ESK application form.
For a full list of the products included in the ESK and how to use the products, download an ESK instruction manual:
- Energy Saving Kit instruction manual for houses and townhouses [PDF, 1.8 MB]
- Energy Saving Kit instruction manual for apartments [PDF, 1 MB]
Help for Housing Providers
Housing Providers can have their low-income units upgraded with various energy-efficient products. If you want to learn more, please contact the program contractor, Carillion Canada, at 1 877 806 3242.