Energy Conservation Assistance Program
FREE HOME ENERGY UPGRADES
The Energy Conservation Assistance Program helps qualified* low-income households with a personalized home energy evaluation, installation of energy saving products and personalized energy efficiency advice. Apply now.
Get a free home energy evaluation, products and advice
Improve the comfort and efficiency of your home, free of charge. In partnership with BC Hydro Power Smart and FortisBC, the Energy Conservation Assistance Program (ECAP) provides qualified* low-income BC Hydro and FortisBC residential account holders with free:
- Personalized home energy evaluation.
- Installation of energy saving products by a qualified contractor.
- Personalized energy efficiency advice to help you create a more comfortable home for your family.
This program is available to both renters and home owners in detached houses, townhouses, duplexes and mobile homes, with the installation of energy saving products that may include:
- energy saving light bulbs
- faucet aerators for the kitchen and bathroom
- water-saving showerheads
- water heater pipe wrap
- door weatherstrip
Some homes may also qualify for:
- ENERGY STAR® refrigerator
- attic, wall or crawlspace insulation
Every home is different. Your evaluator will determine which energy efficiency upgrades your home is eligible for. The installation of some products may require multiple visits.
- BC Hydro, FortisBC Gas and City of New Westminster account holders
- Households in detached houses, duplexes, townhouses, mobile homes
- Annual household income below the income thresholds
Household Low-Income Cut-Off Levels for B.C.
|Household size||Household income|
|7 or more persons||$81,400|
How to apply
Homeowners, renters, housing providers and Aboriginal communities are all eligible for ECAP. Learn more about eligibility and the application process.
Customers in the Northern and Southern interior regions: Our program evaluator is planning a trip to your area in September (Northern region) and October (Southern region). If you submit your application by September 10, you will have priority for appointment bookings.
*Proof of income required. Households (determined by service address) are not eligible to receive the program more than once every 10 years. This offer is subject to change.