How the program helps your business
Save money, save energy
Small and medium businesses throughout B.C. are participating in the Power Smart Product Incentive Program to save money on their electricity costs and contribute to environmental sustainability.
Common energy-efficient technologies to help your business save
Energy Saver T8 fluorescent lamps
- 50% more efficient than T12s
- Virtually eliminates lamp flickering
LED Exit Signs
- Long product life – LEDs last 10 to 25 years
- Reduce energy consumption by up to 90%
Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- Depending on the room, savings can be up to 30%
- Extends the life of lighting products and reduce maintenance costs
See how the program can benefit your type of business
Hotels, motels and lodges are constantly looking for ways to reduce operating costs while enhancing comfort for their guests and the aesthetics of their facilities. Because hotels often have a large number of lights that remain on 24 hours a day, lighting is a good place to start.
- Sandman Hotel Group [PDF, 65 KB]
Building owners and managers have the opportunity to decrease energy consumption and realize cost savings by upgrading old technologies with more energy-efficient ones. Improving energy efficiency can increase tenant comfort and lower maintenance costs.
- Monk Office
- Shook Wickham Bishop & Field Law Firm [PDF, 138 KB]
- Thompson Nicola Family Resource Society
- Ward Watkins Insurance Brokers
Improving energy efficiency can improve aesthetics without sacrificing ambience, increase staff and patron comfort and lower maintenance costs.
- Beagle Pub
- The Fernwood Inn
- Example of typical incentives for a full service restaurant [PDF, 77 KB]
- Commercial kitchen incentives and energy saving tips [PDF, 149 KB]
- Lighting options for commercial kitchens [PDF, 76 KB]
Lighting typically represents the largest portion of a building's electricity use. Energy-efficient lighting can create a comfortable environment that's pleasant to shop and work in, and display merchandise to its best advantage.
Residential strata properties provide an excellent example of how facilities can take simple steps towards being more energy-efficient. Energy improvements produce immediate energy savings and also long term reductions in operating costs. Because these properties often have a large number of lights that remain on 24 hours a day, energy savings can be achieved through more energy efficient technologies.
If you operate an older, less efficient facility, you or your employees may have noticed a decline in lighting quality. Perhaps you are operating out of a newer building but are still experiencing a loss of quality. Employees may be commenting on inadequate lighting levels, flickering lights, shadows or glare. Or your electricity bill may be higher than you'd like.