Self-Serve Incentive Program (SIP)
This initiative is for you if ...
- You are a BC Hydro Industrial customer who uses more than 500 megawatt-hours of electricity per year (that's about $25,000).
- Eligible technologies include:
* Note: The current list of eligible technologies above will expand in the future. Please visit again for program updates.
How it works
Three Easy Steps:
- Talk to your Compressed Air or Lighting vendor and ask them to conduct a system assessment identifying potential savings and project costs. If you don’t have a vendor, give us a call and we will supply you with names of vendors you can contact.
- When you decide to proceed with your project, your selected vendor can help you apply for SIP online, and complete the necessary steps. It is important that you wait for your incentive approval before commencing any equipment purchases. We cannot award incentives to projects which were completed or already in progress prior to pre-approval.
- When your energy efficiency project is complete, you simply complete the online declaration and submit your invoices to BC Hydro. You will receive your incentive cheque approximately 3 weeks after BC Hydro receives your invoices.
Don't know where to start?
- Energy Evaluator Online Tool - This tool is designed for industrial customers who are new to energy management. This tool provides you with an action plan and a benchmarking report (comparing your facility's energy use to similar customers). This tool is a great starting point for customers who spend less than $200,000 per year on electricity. Learn more.
- BC Food Processors & Manufacturers. Get help from an Energy Expert - free of charge. An energy expert will visit your facility and find ways for you to cut energy waste. To be eligible for this offer, your facility's electricity bills are greater than one gigawatt-hour per year (that's about $50,000). Learn more about BC Food Processors and BC Manufacturers.
- Customer Site Investigation. Get a high-level assessment of your facility and identify where your energy is currently going and which of your systems present the best opportunities for energy savings. Fully funded for customers that consume more than one gigawatt-hour of electricity per year (that's about $50,000).
- Project Incentives. If you have a larger Compressed Air System or a more complex project that doesn't qualify for incentives under SIP, learn how our regular Project Incentive program might help you fund your energy efficiency project.