Power down this summer, enter to win a folding bike
Show us how you're saving energy and you could win an outdoor prize package
Power Smart is celebrating 25 years of power conservation in B.C. And we want you to celebrate with us.
Whether it's hanging out at the beach, reading at the park, or biking around town, we want to see how you power down during the summer months and save energy.
Use Instagram and Twitter to share your #PowerSmart25 photo between July 29 and August 25, 2014 and you could win the grand prize: an awesome folding bicycle to help you enjoy summer, or one of four weekly outdoor prize packages of a picnic set or camping gear.
How to enter the contest
- Start by following us on Instagram (@bchydro) or Twitter (@PowerSmartBC).
- Choose your favourite photo that shows how you power down during the summer. Use the hashtag #PowerSmart25 on your Twitter or Instagram photo between July 29, 2014 and August 25, 2014 to instantly enter. Only one photo per person is eligible, so make sure to choose the best one you've got. Photos will need to be uploaded to your social media channel during the contest period (July 29 to August 25).
- Each week, one person will be randomly selected to win the weekly prize of a picnic set or camping gear.
- Picnic set: Deluxe picnic backpack, a picnic blanket and Power Smart playing cards (approximate retail value $155)
- Camping set: Lightweight camping cookset, eco cooler and a solar shower bag (approximate retail value $155)
- A judging panel will select the grand prize winner from all the eligible entries. The grand prize is a unisex folding bicycle (approximate retail value $650).
Show us your favourite energy-saving summer activity
We know British Columbians are creative and love the outdoors, and we can't wait to see all the ways that you power down. To help you take a winning photo, here's what we're looking for:
- Photos should be of an activity that doesn't require electricity. Unplug and get outside to enjoy beautiful B.C.
- The perfect picnic set up, your favourite hiking trail, a scenic bike route, or where you like to relax and read a book are all great ideas for photos.
- To protect personal privacy, photos featuring identifiable people will not be eligible. Silhouetted figures, or shots of people at angles that don't clearly show their faces (like the example above) are fine to submit.
25 years of Power Smart
Since 1989, Power Smart has been helping B.C. save electricity, the equivalent of powering 440,000 homes per year.