Earn bonus AIR MILES® reward miles* on the purchase of select energy-saving products at RONA
Download and print coupons, take them to Rona from September 8 to October 12
BC Hydro Power Smart has teamed up with RONA, FortisBC and AIR MILES® to offer RONA customers bonus AIR MILES® reward miles on the purchase of select energy-saving products in RONA stores throughout B.C.
Energy-efficient products with great rewards
Between September 8 and October 12, 2014, purchase the participating energy-saving products listed below at any RONA store in B.C. and earn bonus AIR MILES® reward miles. Starting September 8, simply download and print the coupons from RONA, and present them at the till along with your qualifying products.
- Water-saving showerheads (earn 25 AIR MILES® reward miles*)
- In many cases, showers can be the single largest contributor to overall hot water use in a home. A water-saving or low-flow showerhead uses up to half the amount of water than a conventional one, without sacrificing water pressure and that shower feel.
- Programmable thermostats (earn 50 AIR MILES® reward miles*)
- A programmable thermostat automatically regulates the temperature in your home at different times of the day. You can set it to follow your regular schedule so it turns off when you're out and turns back on before you arrive home. This helps to minimize wasted heat and reduce heating costs.
- Weatherstripping/Draftproofing (earn 25 AIR MILES® reward miles*)
- Sealing windows and doors with weatherstripping or draftproofing is one of the most cost-effective steps you can take to make your home more efficient. Sealing up the space around doors and windows reduces drafts and helps to keep warm air in during the winter and out in the summer — making your home more comfortable.
- Lighting dimmers (earn 25 AIR MILES® reward miles*)
- Lighting dimmers allow you to adjust lighting levels to provide just the right amount of light in a space at different times of the day or for specific tasks. Use only the amount of light you need, and help improve energy efficiency.
- Pipe insulation (earn 25 AIR MILES® reward miles*)
- Hot water can account for as much as 25% of a household's total energy costs. Insulating hot water pipes reduces heat loss and raises water temperature and allows you to lower your hot water temperature setting — saving you money.
- Window film (earn 25 AIR MILES® reward miles*)
- Window film helps to reduce warm air from escaping your home in the winter by sealing off drafts that come in through the window. It can also help keep warm air out in the summer and block UV rays that can cause furniture fading.
Advice to help you save even more
Check out our Green Guides for more ways to improve your home's energy efficiency. And watch for BC Hydro Power Smart and FortisBC's community teams on-site at select RONA stores in September and October to answer your questions and provide even more energy-saving tips.