Winter Wander offers a wonderland of Vanier Park's best attractions
There may not be sleigh bells ringing, but Vancouver's Vanier Park attractions are creating a winter wonderland that's worth a look. On Saturday January 26, the Winter Wander event will offer up admission to five terrific attractions for an amazing price: $5 per adult, with children 16 and under admitted free.
The event will feature local food vendors and great prizes, including memberships to the attractions. Students from Vancouver's Academy of Music will be performing at all the venues, and BC Hydro's own Outreach team will be at the Space Centre — come by and see us for great tips on how to save energy and money this winter.
What's included: 5 great attractions
Whether you're a history buff, art fanatic or science fan, Vanier Park has something for everyone. The Winter Wander includes admission to:
- Museum of Vancouver, home to the popular Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver exhibit. There's also a special exhibition of Vancouver artist Tobias Wong, on until February 24.
- H.R. MacMillan Space Centre, offering Planetarium shows, live demonstrations, and an interactive exhibit gallery.
- Vancouver Maritime Museum, featuring exhibits about shipwrecks, Canada's maritime history, a children's maritime discovery centre and more.
- Vancouver Academy of Music (VAM), B.C.'s largest and most established music school. VAM students will be performing at Winter Wander throughout the day.
- City of Vancouver Archives, where you can search the archives and records for your home's history or learn more about Vancouver's history.
The Winter Wander runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, January 26, 2013.
- Purchase your admission ticket at either the Museum of Vancouver, H.R. MacMillan Space Centre, or the Vancouver Maritime Museum.
- Take your card with you to each location to receive a stamp.
- Enter your completed card at the end of the day to be entered to win memberships and other great prizes.
For more information, visit the Museum of Vancouver event page.