Free lighting design workshop set for January
A free January workshop for lighting designers and engineers will shed light on designing new energy-efficient lighting systems – and how BC Hydro can help fund projects through the Power Smart New Construction Program.
This complimentary, full-day session – set for January 21, 2011 – features leading experts from Seattle Lighting Design Lab and BC Hydro Power Smart.
Participants have the chance to learn best practices for energy-efficient lighting design and to get the details on Power Smart incentives for commercial, institutional, and multi-unit residential buildings.
Our experts and special guest speaker will share the latest for designing and building energy-efficient lighting systems, including:
- How BC Hydro can help fund your high-efficiency lighting design project
- How to apply for Power Smart lighting incentives under the New Construction program
- Best practices and case studies for lighting design that can easily exceed energy codes
- Hands-on experience in the computer lab and instructions for using BC Hydro's lighting calculator
- Compliance with local energy codes
- Lighting control applications
Friday, January 21, 2011
8:30 a.m to 4 p.m.
For more details on the workshop, view the workshop info sheet [PDF, 133 kb]
Source: BC Hydro News