Ruskin: Schedule and activities
Construction is underway
The upgrade of the Ruskin Dam and Powerhouse is expected to take about six years, and should be complete in 2017.
|Seismic upgrades of the Right Bank||2012 - 2013|
|Dam upgrades including piers and spillway gates||2013 - 2017|
|Seismic upgrade of the powerhouse structure||2012 - 2013|
|Replacement of the powerhouse equipment||2013 - 2017|
|Relocation of the switchyard||Sometime after 2014|
|Project completion and closeout||2017|
Road closures and traffic changes
- Hayward Street over Ruskin Dam, west of the Ruskin Recreation site, is closed to all motor vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrians.
- Hayward Street, north of Keystone Avenue to Ruskin Dam, is closed. Local traffic is excepted.
- Wilson Street, northbound lane, is closed. Wilson Street will be alternating, single-lane
- Lower Railway parking lot, northwest of Ruskin Dam, is closed.
- Upper Railway Trail parking lot will remain open.
- Additional parking has been added at the Hayward Lake Reservoir parking lot south of the Stave Visitor Centre parking.
Recreation and hiking trail closures
- Ruskin Recreation and picnic site is being used for construction, and is closed.
- While the Hayward Street crossing of Ruskin Dam is closed, Loop Trail around the Hayward Lake Reservoir will not be a complete loop.
- Reservoir Trail will be closed from Ruskin Dam to Hairsine Inlet. During construction, the trail can be accessed from the parking lot east of Blind Slough Dam at Stave Falls.
- Railway Trail can be accessed from the Upper Railway parking lot or the Hayward Lake Reservoir recreation area.