ILM: Procurement and supplier opportunities
Contractor selection completed
All contractors for the Interior to Lower Mainland (ILM) Transmission Project have been selected.
Transmission line design-build contract
Flatiron-Graham Joint Venture designed, procured materials, and constructed most of the Interior to Lower Mainland transmission line.
Other contracts awarded
- Golder Associates provided Environmental Program Management Services, overseeing, tracking, and reporting on compliance with the Environmental Assessment Certificate and all other environmental permits or approvals issued for the project.
- Hatch provided Construction Program Management Services, acting as our representative to oversee design and construction, and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, the terms of contract agreements and the quality and performance objectives of the project.
- AMEC was retained for Archaeology and Heritage Monitoring and Management Services for the northeast half of the line, from Sawmill Creek (north of Yale) to Nicola Substation near Merritt.
- KDC, a First Nations business, was retained for Archaeology and Heritage Monitoring and Management Services for the portion of the line from Sawmill Creek to Meridian Substation in Coquitlam.
- ABB constructed the new Ruby Creek Capacitor Station. The contract was for a new green-field 500-kilovolt series capacitor station which included one capacitor bank required to maintain voltage levels in the new ILM transmission line.