La Joie and Bridge Licence Renewals
The La Joie and Bridge facilities, located west of Lillooet, are part of the Bridge River hydroelectric system which also includes the Seton facilities. Five components comprise the La Joie and Bridge facilities:
- La Joie Dam and Powerhouse
- Downton Lake Reservoir
- Carpenter Lake Reservoir
- Bridge River Powerhouses
- Terzaghi Dam
We have ten existing water licences associated with the La Joie and Bridge facilities and two water licences associated with the Seton facilities.
Three of the licences are for water storage and have associated permits over Crown Land and seven are for water diversion:
Water storage licences
- FWL126279 and associated PCL26551 authorize us to store water in Downton Reservoir (100% of storage).
- FWL126280 and FWL126281 (with associated PCL26549) authorize us to store water in Carpenter Reservoir and account for 98% and 2% of storage respectively.
Water diversion licences
- FWL126278 and FWL126259 authorize us to divert water from Downton to Carpenter reservoir and account for 96% and 4% of diversion respectively.
- FWL126287, FWL126288 and FWL126080 authorize us to divert water from Carpenter Reservoir through the Bridge 1 powerhouse to Seton Lake and account for 65%, 31% and 4% of diversion respectively.
- FWL 126286 and FWL126250 authorize us to divert water from Carpenter Reservoir through the Bridge 2 powerhouse to Seton Lake and account for 90% and 10% of diversion respectively.
We are applying to renew the following licences as they expire on April 1, 2019:
- FWL126279 and associated PCL (100% of Downton Reservoir storage)
- FWL126281 (2% of Carpenter Reservoir storage)
- FWL126287 (65% of Carpenter to Bridge 1 diversion)
- FWL126288 (31% of Carpenter to Bridge 1 diversion)
We are also applying to renew the following licences which expire in 2015 with the intent that all La Joie and Bridge licences with renewal dates have the same licence term moving forward:
- FWL126080 (4% of Carpenter Reservoir to Bridge 1 diversion)
- FWL126259 (4% of Downton to La Joie diversion)
- FWL126250 (10% of Carpenter Reservoir to Bridge 2 diversion)
The licences and the facility to which they apply are shown in the figure below.
We're not asking for changes to the existing licence conditions or facility footprints as part of the renewals. We will continue to operate the facilities in accordance with our Water Licence conditions and Orders.
The remaining three licences at La Joie and Bridge, as well as the licences at Seton, do not have expiry dates.
Read more about the La Joie and Bridge water licence renewals [PDF, 211 KB].